HOPE: The basic definition of HOPE is; “The belief that something good may happen.”Hope is that intangible that has a direct influence / bearing on the tangible. Proverbs13:12 says, “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when desires come, they are a tree of life.” Hebrews 6:19 says, “Hope is the anchor of our souls.” Romans 15:13 is our cap stone verse for 2014. “Now may the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in Hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” May it be said of us at EFC – that ECF is a “Place of Hope” and that we are a people of promise! AMEN!!!
“HOPE” is the theme for our current sermon series. This week we will continue to examine the life and leadership of Joseph. “HOPE” is the substance of the basis of Joseph’s impact and successes! Sermons in this series are; “The Pit” – “The Potiphar” – “The Prison” – “The Palace” & “The Place”. Our sermon this week is, “The Potiphar.” Let’s soar as we continue to explore “HOPE!”
Thank you Associate Pastor Norman Henderson all of ECF’s Leadership team! I was in Branson MO. with my brother Paul and my sister Priscilla enjoying some much needed R&R. I am relaxed, refreshed and recharged! Again, “Thank you!”
~ Pastor Oxley
Opportunity for Generosity: Our boiler had to be rebuilt. We borrowed the funds to pay for it. Already, $3,600 has been donated! Thank you for those who have given! We still owe $6,900. Thank you in advance for your most generous contribution in paying this off ASAP!
- Sunday March 16 at 4PM – Pastors Oxley & Kerry and ECF’s Praise & Worship Team are at the Community Missionary Baptist Church’s “Annual Singer’s Day Sunday” , theme, “Appointed with a Song of Praise of Victory.” Location -701 East Apache, Norman OK – Attend! / Come and celebrate the Body of Jesus! AMEN!
- Tuesdays 6AM to Wednesday 6AM – 24 Hour Intercessory Prayer – to participate Contact Pastor Norman Henderson
- Tuesday, March 11 – 9AM Prayer at ECF
- Discipleship Training: During March Pastor Melvin Bunn is teaching and leading on Tuesday nights at 7PM, a 4 week class on Discipleship. Be praying and planning to participate.
- “Secrets of an Overcomer” –Wednesday, March 19 at 7PM – a series with Mark Jackson