Sermon Series Continues – “Dressed for the Battle.” Ephesians 6 describes, discusses and instructs the Believer in our spiritual armor. Every sport has its required uniform/armor. Life is more than a “game” – it is eternal! It is a matter of life and death. In this series we will explore all 7 parts of our spiritual armor. This week, we will explore “Sword of the Spirit – The Word of God.” We will examine the stealth and the strength of the “Two Edge Sword!” Let’s soar as we explore, “Sword of the Spirit – The Word of God!’ Next Sunday we will explore “Prayer – Praying Always!”
HOPE: The basic definition of HOPE is: “The belief that something good may happen.” Hope is that intangible that has a direct influence / bearing on the tangible. Proverbs13:12 says, “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when desires come, they are a tree of life.” Hebrews 6:19 says, “Hope is the anchor of our souls.” Romans 15:13 is our cap stone verse for 2014. “Now may the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in Hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” May it be said of us at EFC – that ECF is a “Place of Hope” and that we are a people of promise! AMEN!
Special Announcement; Concluding this week’s worship service we will have a Water Baptismal ceremony. One of our ECF Eagles Mike Fitzgerald is following Jesus in Water Baptism. Congratulations Mike! Keep soaring!!!
- Tuesdays, 6AM to Wednesday 6AM – 24 Hour Intercessory Prayer
- Tuesdays, 9AM, Prayer at ECF
- Wed., Aug. 20, 8AM, Men’s Breakfast @ Moes @ 50th & MacArthur
- Wed., Aug. 20, 7PM – “Secrets of an Overcomer” w/ Mark Jackson
- Sun., August 31 – Monthly Fellowship-Pot Blessing Meal and 5th Sunday Singing – Open Mic & Special guest, “The Riggs Family Edition!”